Wednesday, May 28, 2014

bareMinerals BareSkin Review

Every beauty blog has been an absolute buzz over the bareMinerals BareSkin foundation since it's come out-- and for good reason!  BareMinerals' website describes the foundation as a "clinically proven tone-correcting mineral foundation and brightening serum in one" and the fact that it is "made with the bare minimum ingredients and formulated without oil, silicone, parabens or fragrance."  Being that it is the brand's first liquid foundation, it caused quite a stir in the blogosphere.

I'd been in the market for a new foundation from a cruelty-free brand, one that matched my skintone well without orangey undertones, and, since the unrelenting heat of a Louisiana summer is impending, one that featured a decent amount of SPF.  I used a Neutrogena moisturizer during the day with and SPF of 50, but it's quite irritating on my oily skin, so I've gotten back in the routine of using my Clinique moisturizing gel, as it absorbs much easier.  I've been desperately missing my SPF!  And BareSkin's got it.

I went to my local Ulta to get color matched, rather than trying to buy blindly online.  For me, it's a risk I wasn't willing to take.  The girl who matched me was lovely and helpful, and I couldn't wait to take home this new foundation!  
NOTE:  I was not able to purchase the brush that goes with it, here, because my local Ulta was sold out.  But the RealTechniques Expert Face Brush works quite well too for anyone that can't get a hold of it.

Now let's break it down to the important factors:


The look:

It looks incredibly natural.  The color is seamless, and it gives a beautiful glow.  It appears very natural, and gives a perfect finish.  The only issue is that if your skin is oily like mine, you'll need to set it with a finishing powder just to keep everything in place.  Other than that, love.

The feel:

I actually love the feel of it.  That's so rare for me to say about foundation.  Usually I feel like a cakey, orange mess, but BareSkin is so delicate and light that it's comfortable to wear.  Also, whether you want light, medium, or full coverage, this foundation is easily buildable.

The demo:

The foundation comes in a 1 oz. bottle, and my shade is 03- Bare Linen.




The box reminds you to "Shake well, gorgeous."  Make sure you shake this foundation incredibly well!!!  Shake it for a good ten seconds, at least, to make sure it doesn't streak or look liquidy.  Yuck.



Shake it up well and grab your brush.


Here's my face before the foundation:




I put five drops on the back of my hand and dabbed my brush in, buffing it over my skin.


And voila!  Soft, even coverage that is easily buildable.  I love this foundation, and I can say I would definitely recommend it.


New bareMinerals BareSkin Foundation, $29, Ulta + Sephora.

Until then,
xxoo, Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment