Sunday, May 11, 2014

Quick, Healthy Smoothie Recipe

Hello, lovelies!

It's been a little while since I've been able to post, so sorry about that!

May has been an insanely busy month, with prom, finals, and graduation.  (Soon to come- belated prom makeup/dress post, and a graduation ootd with soft, daytime makeup tutorial.)  My last day of high school was this past Thursday, which was very bittersweet.  I have to say the best part of that day (aside from passing my finals, can I get an amen?) was my Sports Medicine class's end of the year banquet-- well, less a banquet than a big family dinner.



Good food, good friends, and a great last day of high school.  It's so great how food can bring people together and put a smile on your face.  Since I'll be headed to college in the fall, I've been gathering bits and bobs for my dorm, like some new clothes (haul coming soon!), organizing stations, and of course, things to cook with!  I'll be doing a massive college dorm haul when all my packages come in the mail, as well.

For now, I've been trying to find quick, healthy things to cook for myself when I'm living on my own, be it an easy breakfast or a quick snack on the go.  I've recently found the perfect thing to satisfy my sweet tooth while being healthy and summer fresh is a smoothie.  You can make them a million and one ways with any ingredients you choose, and they're perfect for the mornings on the way to class.  You can make this particular smoothie in the Magic Bullet like I did, which is easy for one person with very quick clean up, or you can double the recipe and make a bigger batch in a blender.  Either way, this sweet summer fix is sure to hit your sweet tooth.

Mango-Peach Coconut Smoothie for One:

What you'll need:


  • 1/2 a fresh mango



  • 1/2 cup of coconut water, I used VitaCoco Pure Coconut Water with Peach & Mango
  • 2 tsp of honey, you can use more or less, depending on how sweet you like it
  • 5 peach slices, canned in syrup
  • 1 tsp syrup from peaches, for extra sweetness


Add mango chunks and coconut water to blender.


Pour in your favorite honey!


Add some peaches.


Aaaaaand...


Blend!


And now you've got a healthy, homemade smoothie that soothes your sweet tooth and adds a punch of Vitamin C to your day.


All that's left is to enjoy!  Pop it in a tumbler with a lid for on-the-go, or put it into a mason jar for a cute, tropical treat for one.

I've got more coming soon!  Hauls, tutorials, ootds, the works!  Stay on the lookout. :)

Until then, 

xxoo,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment