Thursday, April 3, 2014

Full Eyebrow Tutorial

Hey there!

Today I'm going to be showing you guys a quick and easy everyday eyebrow tutorial that I've been using lately.  Full brows are a trend right now, but I've always had very full, thick eyebrows.  When they're waxed and tweezed just the way I like them, it's phenomenal.  Otherwise, well... they can be a bit of a mess.  But whether you like full brows, thin brows, or completely natural brows, go with whatever you like best!  It's a great feeling when your eyebrows make you feel confident.

This is the routine I use to keep my brow game a 10.

First, I keep them tweezed in between waxes, just to keep any strays away.  This helps give you a better guide when filling in your brows.

I simply take an Avon eyebrow pencil in Brown with a small spoolie on the end to begin.

 

Then, I begin grooming my brows with the spoolie.  Its fibers are very thick and coarse and it's great for taming the wiry hairs of my brows.


After they're shaped to my liking, I go in with the (freshly sharpened!) pencil.  It's important to keep the pencil sharp, as a blunt tip will make precision much more difficult.   I line the underside of my brow, middle first, and outline the shape of my eyebrow.  Then I do the same on the top, and lightly fill in the center.


Next, I take to the sparser hairs at the front of my eyebrow.  I don't like to darken this as much as I do the center and ends, because it creates an unnatural look on me.  So I lightly brush the pencil in hairlike strokes up and down the front end of my brow.


Here's the cute little spoolie again!  I like to comb through the product in my eyebrow lightly to make sure everything is even.


Then, I like to reshape the fronts of my brows to keep my arch visible and sharp.


Oh, wow.  That's a huge difference.  Time to fill in the other!  Just repeat the same steps.


Much better!  The eyebrows are filled, full, and shaped!


And there you have it!  Easy, full brows.  Great for a bold statement or a great look for every day.  Check out my finished makeup look:


And on the topic of brows, I just invested in an Anastasia Brow Genius Kit!  


Brow Genius Kit in Medium Brown, $24, Ulta.

There will be a full review with swatches coming in the next few days, I'm so excited to use it!  

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!  Until next time,

xxoo,
Alexis





No comments:

Post a Comment